We are committed to one thing:
Sharing Christ with the world.
We communicate the Good News among the nations by media to inspire people to follow Jesus Christ.
One of our key focus areas in the world is between the lines of latitude 40 degrees and 10 degrees north of the equator. This portion of planet contains 4.65 billion people, 69 nations, and the greatest amount of the world’s most unreached people.
Since some of these areas are hostile to the Gospel or difficult to reach, we embrace the unique media technologies that work for a particular region and use those technologies to proclaim the Good News into each country. This varies from shortwave radio, which has been around since we began 75 years ago, to the distribution of new cell phone SD cards containing the Gospel message.
Whatever technology is needed, however, it is used to proclaim the Gospel boldly – even in the face of persecution. And, praise God, the message of Jesus Christ is reaching hearts who otherwise would have had no way to hear the message.
Until every man, woman, and child have heard the Gospel of Christ, we use media to communicate the Good News among the nations.
Jesus commissioned all Christian believers to devote themselves to the same mission until he returns: sharing the Good News and making new disciples.
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
-Matthew 28:18–20 (ESV)
And the vision of the Apostle John in Revelation 7:9-10 is the future reality we are striving for.
After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
–Revelation 7:9–10 (ESV)
Our Statement of Faith
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and that He will personally return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful men and women, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved into the resurrection of life, and they that are lost into the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
FEBC’s Commitment to Ministry
- FEBC focuses on meeting the spiritual needs of our listeners. FEBC exists for the sole of purpose of meeting the spiritual needs of our listeners. We will not depart from or compromise that goal.
- FEBC strives to reach the least reached people. Many millions are untouched by globalization and technology and their only contact with the outside world is through their radio. We often refer to these groups as the “forgotten peoples” of the world. We will continue to bring them the Good News of God’s love and feed them on their spiritual journey with Him.
- FEBC seeks to reach the most strategic population centers in our ministry areas. The tools God has given us are ideal for reaching the forgotten peoples of the world, but they are also ideal for reaching the highest-density population areas. This is why we have local, community-based stations in strategic cities like Manila (10 million), Seoul (10 million) and Jakarta (9 million). As God enables us, we continue to build our network of strategic local station outreaches in areas like Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and Ulaanbataar, Mongolia, and Bangkok, capital of Thailand. We believe God has called and equipped FEBC to minister locally in these and many other vital population centers of this needy world.
- FEBC is committed to the Bible as God’s inspired Word and the primacy of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. We do many wonderful things in our programming: on-air counseling, call in discussion forums, music, specialty programs for women and children, health and educational programs. These broadcasts make a significant impact in the lives of our listeners. But what matters most is each individual’s decision to receive or reject God’s offer of salvation through Jesus Christ. We will not allow our focus to drift from this central and eternal issue. Since we take the Bible as God’s Word to humanity, we will teach it faithfully to our listeners.
- FEBC will make its decisions based on God’s leading and principles, not on human wisdom. FEBC is a ministry, not a business. We exist to fulfill God’s purposes and that means doing things according to His leading, His principles and His timetable. There will be times when we sense Him leading us to do things that might not make sense from a human perspective. FEBC’s history is filled with such “foolish” endeavors. Just as our predecessors did, we will seek God’s guidance and when He leads us we will obey.
- FEBC will trust God to provide for all our resourcing needs. In 1946, one of FEBC co-founders, John Broger, traveled to Manila to try to establish FEBC’s first radio station. He completed the government application for a license and spoke with a man in the Radio Department Office. The Filipino behind the desk looked at the form and asked Mr. Broger why he had not answered the question: How will your proposed station be financed? John Broger’s response to the man was: “Sir, we have faith in God to meet our needs.” “Faith! What do you mean?” the government official asked. “We believe God will supply all the money through dedicated Christians to build this station and keep it on the air. We will not be receiving any money through advertising. God will supply all our needs.” 72 years later, that station is still on the air, along with 149 stations worldwide. Through His people, God has provided multiple millions of dollars of support over the past seven decades. He called FEBC into existence and He will provide for it. We continue to look to Him to supply every need for this ministry as we move into the future.
- FEBC will seek to glorify God through our work. The Kingdom of God has only one King and all of us in it work for Him and His purposes. When God expands our work, we want the emphasis to be on His power in doing so. If God chooses to prune us and bring us trials, we will seek to honor Him through our response. We are not trying to build our own empire or reputation. Our goal is for people to see and experience God’s power in ways that bring glory to Him.