Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How it Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more to Far East Broadcasting Company.
- Far East Broadcasting Company sells your securities and uses the proceeds Where Most Needed or to support the program you choose.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains taxon the transfer.
In some instances, giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.
How do you know this gift is right for you?
A gift of appreciated securities may be right for you if…
- You’re holding stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares that have increased in value.
- You want to make a gift that doesn’t affect your liquidity or cash flow.
- You want to diversify your assets to increase your income without having to pay capital gains taxes resulting from a sale.
How to Make a Gift of Stock to FEBC
Giving to FEBC through the gift of stock is a simple and tax-savvy way to invest in the Great Commission.
A gift of appreciated securities has the potential of saving you taxes twice.
If you have held the securities for more than one year, you may receive an income tax deduction for the full market value of the donated shares, and you may avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation.
To transfer shares of appreciated stock held in a brokerage account:
If you have your shares of stock in a brokerage account, please provide your broker with the following FEBC brokerage account information:
- TD Ameritrade
- For the account of: Far East Broadcasting Company – Account #784-723797
- DTC #: 0188
- Far East Broadcasting Company’s Tax ID #: 95-1461574
To transfer actual stock certificate(s):
If you have the actual stock certificate(s) in your possession, please contact Far East Broadcasting Company for instructions.
Sandy Wilson, Director of Development
Far East Broadcasting Company
15700 Imperial Highway
La Mirada, CA 90638
When making a gift of stock, it is very important to notify Far East Broadcasting Company (FEBC) so you will be properly credited for the donation.
Please call 562.448.1756 or email Sandy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Donor name
- Name of the stock being gifted
- Number of shares donated
- Approximate date of stock transfer
Important to Remember: Don’t sell the stock first. Even though your intent is to give FEBC the proceeds of the stock sale as a gift, the IRS will impose capital gains tax on the sale, wiping out the additional benefits of this type of gift.
Contact us if you need further assistance: Sandy Wilson, email@example.com, (562)-448-1756